You're supposed to be my friend - Colt vs CM Looser

Il forum principale di Tuttowrestling: il posto giusto per discutere di wrestling (WWE, TNA e quant’altro) insieme agli altri appassionati.
Devil

You're supposed to be my friend - Colt vs CM Looser

Messaggio da Devil »

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/colt- ... s-lawsuit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After fighting together on the same side and winning a defamation lawsuit two months ago, Colt Cabana and CM Punk are now on opposite sides of a legal battle.

Cabana, whose real name is Scott Colton, is suing UFC fighter CM Punk, whose real name is Phillip Jack Brooks, for breach of contract and fraud in Cook County Circuit Court.

Cabana and Punk have close friends since their days in Chicago’s independent pro wrestling circuit.

Cabana’s lawsuit contends Punk promised to help him out with the legal bills they amassed fighting the defamation lawsuit. Cabana claims Punk told him in a text that he would be “100% covered.”

Punk has failed to keep that promise, leaving him with unpaid legal bills totaling $513,736, according to the lawsuit.

Punk asked Cabana to pay half of the legal fees, which comes out to $256,868, saying “You are on your own.”

Cabana is asking for $200,000 in general damages, along with $1 million in punitive and exemplary damages, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims “Brooks acted with fraud, malice and oppression toward Colton, with the deliberate intention of causing Colton harm.”

Some_Organism
Città: Aard Skellig

Re: You're supposed to be my friend - Colt vs CM Looser

Messaggio da Some_Organism »

Ammazzaò, Punk è più attivo nei tribunali che sui ring o gli ottagoni!

Marco Frediani
Città: Carrara

Messaggio da Marco Frediani »

Riassunto da Squaredcircle
Here's a summary of the lawsuit filing:

Colt was sent a "demand letter" by Dr. Amman. The demand letter is not a lawsuit filing. It's just a letter requesting the podcast be taken down. CM Punk said his lawyers would "handle it" in reference to the letter. Colt was sent another letter and Punk replied that he was going to "make sure he was 100% covered". With that, Colt did not comply with the demands in the letter.

Dr. Amman files his lawsuit. Colt and Punk retained Punk's lawyers for the lawsuit. The retention agreement states that Punk will cover the costs with the lawyers (Brenner and the Loeb Firm)

In April 2016, Punk sent Colt an email. "To date I have spent $513,736 dollars on this Amman lawsuit. My outstanding current bill is at least 300k. Half of all this is yours. Divide the $513,736 by 2 and that is what you owe me and what I expect you to pay me. Starting now I will no longer be paying your bills. You are on your own. Whatever my bill is currently, will be cut in half, and half will be yours. If you choose to make this ugly, that's fine too. I hope you won't, but I gave up on you doing what is right a long time ago."

With that, Colt thought it would be best to switch attorneys. Brenner and the Loeb Firm emailed Colt telling him "Despite your unwillingness to contribute to your legal fees, I am still prepared to represent you, and Phil is prepared to have me represent you and cover your legal fees going forward, as long as there is no conflict between you and Phil that prevents me from fairly and ethically representing you. At this time, I don't believe that exists". Colt decided to stay.

On March 10, 2017 the Loeb firm withdrew as Colt's counsel. Colt believes Punk was behind this. He was then forced to find new lawyers. He went with Ashman & Stein.

After the lawsuit, Colt's new counsel notified Punk that there was about $200,000 in legal fees that they were looking to get reinbursed.

Loeb firm confirms to Colt's counsel that Punk refuses to reimburse him for his new lawyers fees.

Quick Summary: Punk said he would cover the costs and let his lawyers handle it. He did indeed end up covering the costs when they were represented by Punks lawyers (although there was a point where Punk refused). Down the road, Punks lawyers felt they could not represent Colt any longer for whatever reason (it's not explained), and Colt got new lawyers. The remaining balance with the new lawyers is $200,000, which Colt is looking to have reimbursed along with $1 million in damages.
CHe dire, se è vero Punk ancora una volta si conferma piccolo piccolo.
Hype per le eventuali difese.

Joy Black

Messaggio da Joy Black »

Vero che i due hanno litigato, ma Punk le spese legali gliele dovrebbe pagare, non è neanche più questione di amicizia, Colt ci è rimasto in mezzo a questa situazione senza aver fatto nulla.

RAWllins1
Città: Perugia

Messaggio da RAWllins1 »

Scusate ma mi sono perso qualche passaggio. Il contendere della causa qual era all'origine?

Darth_Dario
Città: Roma

Messaggio da Darth_Dario »

Copiata:

"Look in my eyes, what do you see?
I won't pay your legal fees."

Marco Frediani

RAWllins1 ha scritto:Scusate ma mi sono perso qualche passaggio. Il contendere della causa qual era all'origine?
Spero di non dimenticare nulla:

Punk nel podcast di colt cabana spara a zero sul medico della WWE, il Dr. Amann
Nella puntata dopo rincara la dose (alcune cose sono assurde comunque), descrivendolo come un incompetente, ha rischiato di morire, eccetera eccetera.
Amell manda una diffida a Cabana, intimandogli di cancellare il podcast.
Punk dice "Ci pensano i miei avvocati, vai tranqui"
Seconda diffida.
"Vai tranqui, bro."
Causa per diffamazione.
Punk e Cabana vincono.

Il problema è che Punk si è rimangiato la sua parola e non vuole pagare le spese processuali per lui e Colt.
Che dire? Uomo piccolissimo.

Marco Frediani

Joy Black ha scritto:Vero che i due hanno litigato, ma Punk le spese legali gliele dovrebbe pagare, non è neanche più questione di amicizia, Colt ci è rimasto in mezzo a questa situazione senza aver fatto nulla.
Il litigio se non ricordo male avvenne quando Cabana ammorbidì la linea con il medico, se non ricordo male chiarendosi in privato o dissociandosi da qualcosa.
Non ricordo se era perchè credeva che Punk esagerasse o per tenersi la porta aperta con la WWE, ma era il periodo quando è tornato in ROH, nel 2016.

Joy Black

Messaggio da Joy Black »

Poi va bè, la verità tra i due non la sappiamo. Dal di fuori Colt ha tutte le ragioni del mondo.

luchador

Messaggio da luchador »

Parliamo comunque di $513,736 (di spese processuali)... Non bruscolini.

Geno
Città: Fiesso D'Artico

Messaggio da Geno »

luchador ha scritto:Parliamo comunque di $513,736 (di spese processuali)... Non bruscolini.
E che cazzo vuol dire? Punk ha fatto una promessa ad un amico.

Cabana poteva benissimo accordarsi con Amann e togliere il podcast e non perdeva un centesimo.

Giant92
Città: Catania

Messaggio da Giant92 »

Per me è assurdo il fatto che in caso di vittoria della causa l'accusatore non sia tenuto a pagare le spese processuali, ma a parte la premessa è inaccettabile il comportamento di Punk, a maggior ragione contando che è nei confronti del suo storico miglior amico.

Marco Frediani

Giant92 ha scritto:Per me è assurdo il fatto che in caso di vittoria della causa l'accusatore non sia tenuto a pagare le spese processuali, ma a parte la premessa è inaccettabile il comportamento di Punk, a maggior ragione contando che è nei confronti del suo storico miglior amico.
Infatti, aveva ragione l'utente che scrisse "Non fatevi ingannare dal look, è solo l'ennesimo affamato di soldi".

Some_Organism
Città: Aard Skellig

Messaggio da Some_Organism »

Se le cose stanno proprio così Punk è un pezzo di merda.
Puoi pure essere affamato di soldi, ma tu di quattrinis ne hai parecchis, non penso che Cabana abbia lo stesso status economico, se sei un amico non lo lasci in merda così. (al netto che parola data, parola rispettata).

Condivido cmq la premessa fatta dall'utente piùssù: se io vinco un processo mi tocca pagarne le spese?
Echecaz!

RAWllins1
Città: Perugia

Messaggio da RAWllins1 »

Io mi astengo da ogni tipo di commento, prima di tutto perché la verità la sanno solo Punk e Cabana, secondo perché l'occasione fa sempre l'uomo ladro, perché è semplice giudicare dal di fuori e perché di persone senza macchia con veri principi morali da prendere ad esempio, nella vita reale non ne esistono.

Rispondi